Wednesday, May 27, 2009

She Seeks Escape.......

I spend a lot of time surfing the web. I have this area in my head that is filled with useless trivia and unusual information, and the web keeps this area filled to overflowing. One of my recent searches led me to a book published in 1937 by palmist Nellie Simmons Meier called "Lion's Paws: The Story of Famous Hands".
She had collected hundreds of inked impressions of famous people's palms, and analyzed the subject's character by the size, shape and lines of their hands. One of the people she included in the book was Amelia Earhart.
In her analysis of Earhart's palms, Meier wrote this line: "She conforms to restrictions for a certain period, then the urge for physical and mental activity becomes so strong that she seeks escape by a flight in her plane."
Amelia Earhart vanished during a flight six months after Meier's book was published.


I used Lori Davison's "Ticket to Dragon's End" available at Scrapbookgraphics and Lili Designs "Paint The Ocean" available at After Five Designs. The photo of Amelia Earhart and her plane and the copy of Meier's manuscript are from The Library Of Congress.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting topic and very nicely done scenery!!

    btw, you're not a creative annoyance to me Evelyn ;-)

    ReplyDelete