Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Road Trip!

Last weekend my best friend in the world (hope she is reading this!) and I went on a road trip to Galveston, Tx. I really have to start taking trips outside the hurricane devastation zone that the Gulf Coast from Galveston to Biloxi has become. I don't remember at what point seeing 15-foot high debris piles of mobile homes, houses, giant trees and the remnants of peoples lives no longer had any effect on me. An overturned truck, 15 feet in the air on top of the shell of a convenience store with a dining room chair sticking out the drivers side window......pffffft! Is that the best ya' got? I've seen worse. Anyway......while crossing the bay on the ferry from Galveston to Bolivar I glanced at my GPS screen and saw that my vehicle was apparently gliding across open water. I don't know why that struck me as somewhat odd, since that was what we were doing on the ferry, but I felt it was picture worthy as something you never want to see on the GPS.




I used Holliewood's "Old School" from Oscraps. Photo of car interior is from istockphoto. Scene outside the car window is Galveston Bay.

1 comment:

  1. Very creative again Evelyn, I just love this!

    - Sandra -

    ReplyDelete